Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Future career's.

Future career's.

Head of my own company, (I know the name but won't say till I can get it into some work of mine)


To be the head/CEO of my won company would give me and the company creative freedom that wouldn't be allowed or tolerated in a well-known company that is partnered with Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo.

The other advantage is that I would be able to hire people based on proven ability rather than academic record which would allow college dropouts and high-school leavers a career option that would be open to them and not be a boring retail or office job.
The company would focus on three main categories, Fantasy/steam-punk RPG's, SCI-FI simulator RPG's and smaller indie style games to allow a diverse range of projects to be undertaken.

This would allow a wide range of people to work on various things, expanding their skills.
I will need to start the company by making the games myself and hiring people as and when I can to make better games,

The skills I would need is:

Programming, despite engines being easier to use programming is still needed to bring out their full potential
Software skills, mostly knowing game engines, knowing how to create games with them.
Leadership, Rather than being a boss I'd rather have the title of leader, helping the employee's with their work.
Financial management, until I'm able to employ a head of finance I will need to manage finances myself.
People skills, as I am dealing with people I will need to have people skills.



Concept artist.


The skills required to imagine up a landscape that may be used in a game is unfathomable.
It would be a chance to create something out of nothing a way to show the vivid landscape and character design's I've created.
It would also allow me to keep practicing my art skills and give me the ability to work from home or in a studio.

I would be able to work with other artists and build a sense of friendship with them
Overall the job would be fun and engaging which is the easiest way to feel like you've never worked a day in your life

The skills I would need is:

Digital skills for painting the landscapes.
Software, Using photoshop would require me to have skills using photoshop
Time management, a good concept artist can create a full landscape around two hours to three hours.
people skills, I would need to deal with a lot of client's and bosses and as such I need to be able to deal with people.
Language, knowing the language to major game producers, i.e, Japanese for Sony and Nintendo would allow me to personally handle business between them and take requests.


Fromsoftware character designer

Being a character designer for fromsoftware will allow me to work for my favourite company on my favourite games, allowing me to create art for a whole new generation of gamers.
Working on the souls series will also allow me to get an inside look at how my favourite games are made.
The main flaw with working for fromsoftware would be the fact that i WOULD NEED TO MOVE TO japan as it is a Japanese company and as such it is a more back-up plan than a main plan due to, complicated issues.

I would like to work on monster design/boss design as they are the most memorable things in souls games, for example artorias and sif have a tragic story told about them during the main game and downloadable content that many fan theories and lore questions has been raised.

The skills I would need are:

Drawing skills, for designing the characters
People skills, I would have to work with a team/in a team.
Language, I would need to learn Japanese to work there efficiently.
Time management, fromsoftware works on two-three games at a time and as such I would be busy all year round.
geography, living in a new country would require me to know the area I would be living and working in.








No comments:

Post a Comment